How to disable Pardot identity verification
When signing into Pardot from an unrecognized browser you need to enter a code sent to your phone or email. By adding your IP address to Salesforce, you can disable the identity verification challenge.
Multifactor authentication (MFA) helps prevent unauthorized Salesforce and Pardot access. It triggers a second line of defense when someone attempts to login from an unrecognized browser. According to Salesforce, multifactor authentication adds an extra layer of protection against threats like phishing attacks, increasing security for your business and your customers. By saving your IP address in Salesforce, you can fulfill MFA without entering a code.
Why should I whitelist my IP address?
Maybe you’re someone who likes to clear their cache and cookies regularly. Each browser cleanse necessitates a new Pardot code upon login. You can disable the login challenge for a trusted IP address or IP range within setup in Salesforce. Adding your IP as a trusted address in Salesforce will also allow you to login into Pardot through pi.pardot.com.
How to add your IP address to Salesforce trusted addresses
Adding your IP address is usually a quick process. Making this change requires the Manage IP Addresses permission.
First, find out your IP address. A simple ‘what is my IP address’ search should provide a quick answer. Once you’ve obtained your IP address, here are the remaining steps to take.
- In Salesforce, under the gear icon in the top-right section of your screen, click Setup.
- Enter Network Access in the Quick Find box.
- Click Network Access under Security.
- Click the New button.
- Copy and paste your IP address into the Start IP Address field.
- Enter the same IP address in the End IP Address field.
- Use the Description to inform your team who the IP address belongs to (ex. Lidia Cruz – Marketing).
- Click Save.
Note: It’s important to only whitelist the IP addresses associated with your own work-related devices on private networks.
About the Pardot rename
In April 2022, Salesforce announced the rebrand of Pardot to Marketing Cloud Account Engagement. While the rebrand unfolds and the world adapts to the new nomenclature, we'll typically keep the Pardot name in our blog posts.
There are several permutations of the new name being thrown about, so you may see us use any one of them as things evolve:
- Marketing Cloud Account Engagement
- Marketing Cloud Account Engagement (Pardot)
- MC Account Engagement
- Account Engagement by Pardot